Valerie Pelan successfully coaches business leaders and owners on areas that they choose; it can be challenges or improvement. They focus on areas they “need” to improve business results. Coaching areas can be:
- business goals and challenges
- leadership style and decision making
- goal setting and follow-through
- communication style and team motivation
Valerie’s coaching is goal (SMART) driven and customized for each client.
Her clients agree, she focuses on their needs and their business challenges. Her “accountability” model supports clients as they achieve their desired results.
Experience and Background
Valerie’s 20+ years of business experience and 10+ years as an entrepreneur and business coach are the foundations for her expertise and coaching style. This background provides a solid framework.
Valerie has been featured in Choice Magazine (coaching industry publication): her September 2016 article on “Generational Similarities” was the result of business challenges faced by leaders in retaining and motivating the current workforce. In the article, “Two Minutes with Leadership Guru” she was interviewed on her coaching style for the Dallas Business Journal.
Valerie Pelan Areas of Differentiation
- Solid business experience in Fortune 100 companies
- Superior professionalism and confidentiality
- High level of client satisfaction
- Use of premium assessment and 360s tools, such as MBTI – Myers Briggs, DISC, Emotional Intelligence, Hogan, Hogan 360, and Thomas Kilmann Conflict
Two Engagement Models
Business Owner Model—Phase 1 and Phase 2
- Step 1 – detailed questionnaire and analysis; confidentiality
- Step 2 – determine coaching-business goals – Phase 1
- Step 3 – coaching plan – models and assessments as needed
- Step 4 – feedback loops and check-ins
- Step 5 – determination of Phase 2 (optional)
Leadership Coaching Engagement Model
- Step 1 – Coaching process introduction; confidentiality
- Step 2 – Coaching Plan and use of SMART goals
- Step 3 – Coaching continues and feedback loops
- Step 4 – Feedback and review of the coaching process and engagement
Professional Certification and Education
- Executive MBA coach, University Texas Dallas Grad. School of Management
- Speaker at National and global conferences on Coaching, leadership, and communication skills
- Executive Coaching credential, University Texas Dallas Grad. School of Management
- International Coaching Federation (ICF), PCC credential and continuing education
- MBA Economics
Community Service and Professional Associations
Valerie has been a leader in the community and continues to volunteer in various capacities; she is currently a member of the Park Cities Rotary. She has served in leadership positions on non-profit Boards: Dallas Association of Business Economists; Executive Women of Dallas, Theatre Three, and ICF-DFW chapter.